The outside and inside of your chimney can make a difference in your family's safety. 

While many homeowners observe the outside of their chimney from the ground and feel it appears in good condition, inside could be a completely different situation.  Yesterdays chimneys were not designed for venting today's energy efficient appliances. What's important is what's going on inside of your chimney.

A look inside a chimney that appears fine on the outside can often reveal a totally different picture.  There may be cracks and even pieces missing from the original clay liner.  Older chimneys may not even have a clay liner.  Mortar and bricks may be loose and falling, and there may be other deterioration. 

In the flue of a chimney that services a fireplace or wood stove, you can see a creosote buildup, cracked and missing liner, and eroded brick and mortar.  These conditions may be the result of numerous things;  flue fires, an improperly vented appliance, misused wood stove, poor construction, and excessive moisture.  With continued use, the chimney presents hazards to the home's occupants from fire or carbon monoxide poisoning.  

In the flue of a chimney that services the furnace side of this chimney, you would see that moisture is leeching into the home.  Cracked and missing tiles will also lead to carbon monoxide seeping into the home. 

Our company's slogan means that we care about families. We have families of our own, and we know how important it is to keep your chimney is good and safe working order.

This website will provide information on how to remain safe in your home, how to keep your chimney in good working order, and answers to basic questions. We welcome your questions so please be sure to give us a call.

Majestic Home Service and Maintenance - Helping homeowners maintain their chimneys and fireplaces for over twenty years.

We are family owned, and we care about you!


Chimney problems can cause illness and even loss of life.  It happens thousands of times a year.  Chimney defects result in injury in death from fire and from carbon monoxide poisoning. It doesn't take much to start a house fire.  One spark flitting through a crack or an ember igniting a chimney fire which climbs the chimney looking for an escape route is often eough to start a house fire.  Excessive heat conducted through the chimney walls where the liner is missing is another common culprit in house fires. 

On the furnace side, tile deterioration can allow deadly flue gases to escape into your home through the tiniest cracks.  In the severest cases, there can be partial of complete collapse of the clay flue liner, spilling deadly fumes throughout the home. Fortunately, all these problems can usually be corrected without completely rebuilding the chimney.  We often use a saying in our business, and it is very true:  Maintenance is cheaper than repair.